There's a new Chris Eubank on the scene, Chris Eubank Jr. The son of the boxing legend it seems, is taking after his father as he looks to replicate his successes. Last night the young athlete, who has spent the last 5 years of his life learning the ins and outs of his trade in America, moved one step closer to that dream.
To say he is Britain's next prodigy after only one fight is a little far-fetched, but at the moment all Eubank Jr can look to do is get wins under his belt. And that is exactly what he is doing.
Afterwards the victor told how he had only really had the use of one hand. "I did what I had to do and came away with the win. I only used my left hand. In training a few days ago I jarred my right." Eubank Jr explained, as interviewers questioned him post-fight.
Obviously he's some way off of matching his fathers status at the current time, but Eubank Jr is certainly causing quite a stir. Whether his skills within the ring can truly match the prestigious reputation his name bears remains to be witnessed.
For more information on Eubank Jr's most recent bout see:
-http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17087805
-http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2103239/Chris-Eubank-Jnr-beats-Jason-Ball.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGreat read, focusing on the positives in British Boxing following a week of negative distractions.
ReplyDeleteAs with most media coverage there is no such thing as "bad press".
ReplyDeleteeven negative coverage helps raise profile.it``